Saturday, December 26, 2009

My Christmas

So, Christmas is about a lot of important things to a lot of people. For me one of the important aspects is getting together with the people I love and exchanging gifts. I hopefully gave nice, thoughtful gifts, and I definitely received them as well. Four of the gifts are somewhat related to my farm (the fiber actually) so I thought I would showcase them here on my farm blog.

There’s my new cool sheepy knitting bag:


There’s two new books, one about wool and the other about textiles in history:

And there’s my new minispinner. I read about this in a newspaper when I was on the Olympic Peninsula as it is made in Chimacum. It seemed like a really cool device that would be easier to use while watching TV and travelling.

I spun this up in about 2 hours while there was a concert and then news on TV. It is really easy to learn to use. It is quiet, and because I do not have to concentrate on the wheel at all, I can concentrate completely on the fiber I am drafting. I chose a difficult fiber to start with- a baby camel down and merino blend roving. But despite this I think I did OK. I think this will give me more flexibility and opportunities to spin that I do not have with my Ashford wheel. Hopefully I can start making more progress on my stash!

No comments:

Post a Comment